IMPORTANT NOTE: BrainWare SAFARI will not install on a Mac with the Catalina OS.
It can be installed on Mac OS versions 10.14.6 or below, which include, Mojave, El Capitan, High Sierra, Mountain Lion, Leopard and Snow Leopard.
To use the BrainWare SAFARI Mac Compatibility Pack, you will need XQuartz, which is a special reader that allows certain files to be used on Macintosh OS 10.7 systems and higher. After XQuartz is completely installed, the BrainWare SAFARi Mac application can be installed. Please follow these directions carefully and call Customer Service at 877-BRAIN-10 (877-272-4610) if you need assistance.
Step 1: Download and install XQuartz
- Go the the XQuartz site: http://xquartz.macosforge.org/landing/
- Look for “Quick Download”.
- Click on “XQuartz-x.x.x.dmg”.
- Download the file to a location you can find.
- Open the XQuartz file that you just downloaded and install it.
- Click Next and Agree to all prompts that appear during the download.
Step 2: Launch XQuartz
Step 3: Using the link below, download the BrainWare SAFARI Mac Application (BrainWare Safari-2.5.dmg) to a location you can find. Click Here
Step 4: Unzip the file and put in your Applications folder.
- Double click on the downloaded zip file to unzip it.
- Drag the BrainWare SAFARI Mac application (BrainWare Safari-2.5.dmg) to your Applications folder.
Step 5: Configure System Preferences.
- Double click the BrainWare SAFARI Mac application (BrainWare Safari-2.5.dmg) in your Applications folder.
- The screen will flash, the BrainWare SAFARI icon will stop bouncing up and down and you will see a message: “Your security preferences allow installation of only apps from the Mac App Store and identified developers.”
- Open System Preferences by going to the Apple Menu > System Preferences.
- Open Security and Privacy.
- Inside the General Tab click on the lock in the bottom right corner and enter your Mac username and password. Click on the “Unlock button”.
- Still in the General Tab, underneath “Allow applications downloaded from:” select the “Anywhere” option
- Exit out of System Preferences by clicking on the red button on the top right.
You’re now ready to use BrainWare SAFARI!
However, PLEASE NOTE that you may need to follow some EXTRA STEPS the second time you launch the program.
EXTRA STEPS — may be need the second time you launch BrainWare SAFARI:
- Double-click on the BrainWare SAFARI icon in your Applications folder. It should start bouncing up and down on your dock.
- You will see a progress bar saying “Verifying.”
- When the icons stops bouncing, you will see a dialog box that reads something like: “BrainWare SAFARI can’t open because of unidentified developer and can’t download disk image for BrainWare Safari-2.5.dmg from www.mybrainware.com.” Click OK in the same dialog box.
- Go back to System Preferences, then Security. You should see another prompt saying, “BrainWare was blocked from opening …” Click “Open anyway.” Then select “Opening BrainWare SAFARI will always allow it to run on this Mac.” Then click “Open.”
- The progress bar that says Verifying will complete, your screen will flash, and BrainWare SAFARI will launch.
- Next time these extra steps will not be necessary.